Cardiology Residency Program
Speed 2023 – Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Whitefield (sssihms.org)
- Department of Cardiology is accredited by the National Board of Examinations to offer a 3-year training program leading to DNB in Cardiology. The Department was first accredited in the year 2002 to train 1 candidate every year. Currently, it is accredited to train 2 candidates annually.
- The three year residential program starts in January-February every year. Candidates desirous of applying for the course should have passed MD/DNB General Medicine/Paediatrics and should have cleared CET conducted by the National Board of Examinations. Subsequently, they should be registered for the Centralized Counselling, NBE in order to be eligible for the admissions.
- The department prides itself in consistently obtaining good results since the inception of its DNB program with 2 national gold medallists in successive years. Currently the Institute bagged five Gold Medals as of year 2019 in Cardiology. Candidates from cardiology programs at other institutions also visit our hospital to take part in our academic programs.
- Clinical training involves periodical postings in both Non-Invasive Cardiology (Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiography, Stress ECG and Holter lab, Cardiac CT and MRI) and Invasive Cardiology (Diagnostic and Interventional procedures, Angioplasties and stent implantations, Myocardial Septal Ablations for Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathies, Balloon dilation for valvular heart diseases, device closure for selected congenital heart diseases, electrophysiology studies, and pacemaker/ICD/CRT implantation, etc.).
- Academic activities include regular seminars, journal clubs, Cath and echo conferences, combined cardiology/CTVS meetings, and a strong bedside teaching program. Candidates are encouraged to attend national conferences and present the results of their scientific research work at regional and national meetings. During their training, candidates are paid stipend as per the National Board Guidelines. In keeping with the philosophy of Sathya Sai Institutions, the course is offered Free of Cost.
- Visits to the department can be arranged by prior appointment through the Public Relation office or the Head of the Department.
For further enquiries please contact:
HR Department, Academic Section
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences,
EPIP Area, Whitefield,
Telephone: 080 2800 4640/41