Department of Pediatrics
The Department of Pediatrics caters to the needs of new born and children seeking treatment from the hospital absolutely free of cost.
Spectrum of services:
- OPD services for common pediatric problems.
- Post delivery care of the Neonates.
- Pediatric ward, equipped with 3 infant warmer, 4 LED phototherapy units, infusion and syringe pumps, Multipara monitor, nebulizers, CPAP machine, central oxygen and air lines.
- Developmental clinic: All children are screened and intervention given to needy.
- Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) screening: for all premature babies by retinal specialist.
- Counseling and education at group and individual level for nutrition and hygiene, breast feeding, and general care of babies.
- Routine Immunization of the children.
Dr. Kamakshi Kannan, Senior Consultant
Dr Kamakshi Kannan comes from a family associated with Swami and his mission for the last five decades. Graduating in 1973 from Bangalore Medical College and subsequently specializing in Child Health. As per Swami’s Instructions to her, she has dedicated her life to serve and love all children who come to her for treatment. Exemplifying Swami’s teaching of Love All Serve All, she feels the Temple of Healing set up by Bhagawan is veritably Pandharapura to all those whose serve and seek refuge there. Dr Kamakshi Kannan since 1991 has been serving as a Pediatrician and Sonologist at the Sri Sathya Sai General Hospital in Whitefield.
Dr. Mamatha, Sr. Medical Officer
Dr.Mamta has done MBBS from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer, Rajasthan in 2004. Thereafter did Diploma in pediatrics from Sardar Patel Medical Colllege, Bikaner in 2006. After completion of diploma she worked as Pediatrician for close to 10 years in various hospitals such as Amar Jyoti Nursing home, BGIS, Vrindavan; Nayati Hospital; Rama Krishna Mission charitable hospital before joining our institute in Dec 2019.