Follow-up/ Revisit Patients
- Come to the hospital only if you have been specifically advised to do so in your discharge summary.
- To avoid any eventualities, please check the date of your revisit on your discharge summary and make sure you come on that date.
- If any complications arise, for any reason you would like to visit the hospital please call the hospital and confirm whether it is absolutely necessary for you to travel to the hospital.
- Patient Helpdesk – 080-47104600
The department of telemedicine, SSSIHMS, Whitefield is part of the Sri Sathya Sai Tele-health Network that includes both the sister institutions at Prasanthigram and Whitefield.
Need for Sri Sathya Sai Telehealth Network:
India is a vast country with its population widely distributed over a diverse landscape. Modern health care is yet to make inroads to the majority of the populace residing in rural India. One thrust area in vogue is the field of Telemedicine. Due to the non-commercial nature of the treatment provided at SSSIHMS, the hospital receives patients from all over India and even from many SAARC countries like Nepal and Bangladesh. A large number of these patients are below poverty line and some cannot afford to even travel the distance to avail the free and quality services of SSSIHMS. The telemedicine facility at SSSIHMS aims at reaching out to these patients in their geographical areas providing both diagnosis and counseling without them having to traverse the distance and incur avoidable expense.
The mission of the Sri Sathya Sai Telehealth Network is to leverage the potential of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools and extend the reach of quality medical care provided free of cost by Sri Sathya Sai Health System for patients requiring neurosurgical care.
Aims of the project:
Sri Sathya Sai Telehealth Network seeks to extend its neurosurgical expertise to remote areas through the nodes established at select locations across several States. SSSIHMS looks forward to utilize it telemedicine network to:
- Streamline the flow of revisit/Outpatients from pre-identified locations (States)
- Schedule appointments for face-to-face consultation and surgery
- Minimize unnecessary investigation, and travel for patients who can be advised remotely
- Provide follow up for post-operative patients
- Counseling of the patients
- Guide patients requiring support from other medical specialties presently not provided by SSSIHMS-WFD
- Conduct and participate in online CME’s, training of DNB’s and exchange of best practices and expertise in neurosurgery.
Through successful integration of telemedicine services in it’s routine clinical care, SSSIHMS expects to achieve “right service mix” that is both timely and distance insensitive ensuring maximum efficiency and effectiveness in optimal utilization of its resources.
Integration with other projects
The scope of Sri Sathya Sai Telehealth Network can also be scaled to meet the referrals for neurosurgical support from sister institutions like SSSGH-Whitefield, SSSIHMS-Prasanthi Gram, Sri Sathya Sai Mobile Hospital and any other associated institutions. The possibility of integrating the telemedicine application provided by ISRO with the eHIS and PACS functional at SSSIHMS-Whitefield will enhance the scope of the project and will have an impact on the delivery of telehealth services positively. Challenges Ahead include…
- Creating awareness.
- Training manpower on tele-health protocols.
- Build suitable infrastructure/capacity.
- Establish standard operating procedures.
- Need for the SSSIHMS-vision and principles to be shared by one and all across the network.
- Sustainable operations.
- Medico-legal implications in providing neurosurgery services through telemedicine.
- Expanding the network all over India.
Nodal point Location
In West Bengal – Barrackpore
Sri Sathya Sai Seva Kendra,
1, Riverside Road (Beside Mangal Pandey Park),
Barrackpore, North 24 Paraganas,
Pin – 700120
Telephone: 033- 25450329
In Orissa – Bhubaneswar
Sri Sathya Sai Seva Samiti,
Unit III, Kharavel Nagar, (Opp. Nalini Devi Womens’ College of Teacher Education)
Pin: 769 010
Phone: 0674-2391090, 8895268090
Sri Sathya Sai Telehealth Network offers consultation in Neuro and Cardiac post operative care for patients operated at SSSIHMS.
Patients who are diagnosed with such ailments, who have already consulted a doctor and have previous medical records (reports/ scans) readily available, may approach the nodal center.